After a little break from the busy times of Sheffield Beer Week 2018 back in March, we’ve finally recovered and wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who hosted and attended Sheffield Beer Week 2018 events.
Here’s a few highlights –
- Featured in national and regional press with coverage on the British Guild of Beer Writers website, The Morning Advertiser, Imbibe online, The Yorkshire Post, The Sheffield Star, The Sheffield Telegraph, BBC Radio Sheffield, Exposed Magazine and Vibe Magazine.
- We launched our 2018 strands including Celebrating Women Working in the Beer Industry, The Yorkshire Beer Photography Trail, our continued partnership with Norwich City of Ale and ‘Back to Beer Basics’ including our new Ingredient Hubs.
- We welcomed national award-winning beer writers to the city including – Adrian Tierney-Jones, Pete Brown, Ron Pattinson and Mark Dredge. We welcomed consumer group Ladies That Beer and brewster beer festival organisers Fem.Ale to host events.
- There were multiple Sheffield Beer Week collaboration beers brewed – thank you to everyone who got involved here, it was the biggest year to date.
- It was the first year we wrote and published a printed guide, distributed beer mats and had city-wide flyposters advertising the week. (Thank you to Sheffield University and Creative Sheffield for the support).
- Our Fav Places produced online content pulling together and promoting beer and food pairings from a number of Sheffield independent restaurants and produced/printed a Sheffield Ale Trails map.
- Indie Beer Feast launched as a new independent craft beer festival in Sheffield, attracting visitors to the city on launch weekend and attracted over 700 people through the one-day event.
- Beer Adventures app launched a digital Sheffield Beer Trail
- Lots of people visited the city for beer! Not only did lots of local residents vote with their feet to come to the events, but we saw people travel from Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham, Liverpool, Norwich and more cities to attend Sheffield Beer Week events too.
- We received over 3k visitors and over 9.5k views in March 2018 to our website sheffieldbeerweek.co.uk
2019 will be year five and we’re hoping to deliver more unique content and events. We’ll start planning in September and will share more updates on the 2019 additional strands in the run up to this date.
Future key beer dates:
- Norwich during City of Ale – which runs from May 24th. https://cityofale.org.uk
- Beer Day Britain – which is a national event 15th June, check their website on how to get involved: https://www.beerdaybritain.co.uk
- National Cask Ale Week from 20th Sept https://caskaleweek.co.uk